Anders and Edith Anderson originated and operated the Delona Motel and Restaurant named after their two daughters, Delores and Donna. The motel property was purchased on June 5, 1958. There was a small house in the back which they lived in while Anders was building the motel. They opened on May 17, 1959. The original motel consisted of twelve units. The back three units and pool were added at a later time. It has since been renamed the Bay View Motel.
The Andersons purchased the restaurant property on August 24, 1963. Anders remodeled the existing cabin which was built for C. Arthur and Emma Anderson (no relation) in 1934. The restaurant opened on May 30, 1964.
Prior to opening the businesses, Anders worked as a carpenter foreman for Erling Arntzen, General Contractor, and Edith waitressed at the House of Ludington, the Terrace, and the Log Cabin. Their combined talents were a big factor in their business ventures. Anders continued to work for construction while Edith managed the businesses.
Both daughters worked in the family businesses for many years whether it be cleaning rooms, waiting tables, or as a cook’s helper. Delores recalls her very first tip, 0.25 cents! Donna’s husband, Dick, washed dishes, scrubbed floors, and painted the entire outside of the cabin.
When the time came to sell the restaurant, Donna and Dick were offered first chance. They turned it down well knowing the work and time was involved in running a restaurant. When Frank Muse took ownership, Delores stayed on as a waitress for a short time. Frank Muse sold the restaurant to Al and Rhoda Busbani and it was later sold to Louann Seger. Louann owned and operated the Delona for 26 ½ years; this would be the longest that any of the previous owners would keep the business. John Davis was the next owner followed by Dan and Holly DeGrave. The restaurant had been closed for a couple of years when Dan and Holly reopened it on March 3, 2014. In 2018, Andrew and Heather Thomas became the new owners.